Thursday, June 26, 2008

One More on the List

Ahem - I am proud to report that I have been accepted as a member of the New York Athletic Club, and named as Chaplain to the club. I have also been named as Chaplain to the Huckleberry Indians, a distinguished club that lives within the NYAC (but not as part of that group. So for those of you who are keeping track - I'm Chairman of the Board for the Xavier Society for the Blind (which is a full-time, got an office job) and I help out at St. Malachy's Church (the Actors' Chapel) and I'm head of the Evangelization Committee there. I am Chaplain for the Notre Dame Club of NY, and the two I named above.

I'm proud of all of them - but the NYAC is a special pleasure, since my grandfather was a member of the club, and it has been around since right after the Civil War.

I continue to sing with the Jazz at Noon group each Friday at the National Arts Club, and at the Lambs Club. I've been asked to do a concert in Florida in November (with a possibility of several other concerts also in the Florida area) and I'm doing a show here in Manhattan for a Jewish Center later in July.

Keeps me off the street.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a traveling priest sounds like a good vocation ad for the Jesuit priesthood.

Anonymous said...

John, I'm always happy to read your blog to find out what you're up to. Thank goodness the Jesuits are keeping you busy and out out of trouble.
Take care, Diane

Anonymous said...

Aloha Padre...Congrats! Mahalo for the great blog to keep up with you! Still miss ya BIG! Love Always,Dixie