Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'M HOME!!!





For a couple of days at least. And I am filled with good intentions about doing a wrap up, a summary, a reflective piece filled with brilliant observations and witty and incisive comments.


Yeah, right.

But in the meantime, a couple of photos to illustrate and amplify on my earlier comments.


The Guide Horse - see? I wasn't making it up. In the top photo you can also see the plastic diaper arrangement, a real necessity when you have a horse walking through a hotel. Or a living room. Or wherever,



Did I mention that working dogs are exempt from the Pooper Scooper laws? Yup, a blind person is not obliged to clean up after their working dog. One assumes the same is true of a working horse?



The remaining pix are from my hotel room window. Pretty much self-explanatory. If you look at the one picture, you can see the lights in the baseball stadium.
















1 comment:

Mike (aka Duffy's Tavern) said...

Welcome home! Your experiences remind me on many National Fire Protection Association conventions. They are tame compared to many fire related conventions which can devolve into a firefighter-police convention with a 911 call :o) Now THOSE are hot-diggity-dog conventions! :o)

By the way... dogs... I just put a deposit on a Bernese Mountain Dog. Zorro is getting up in age, 11, and I did kick around in my thoughts on getting a Border Collie to train as Cadaver Dog but it is so difficult getting the 'training aids' compared to those of an Arson Dog. In fact a FL cadaver dog handler was arrested/convicted earlier this year for making off with a severed foot from a motor vehicle crash. As I said, difficult obtaining training aids. Bio-Ethics, legal issues, Bio-hazard, etc.