Monday, August 10, 2009

GOLF OUTING - SEPTEMBER 15

This is where we will be playing, the Black Bear course at Crystal Springs Resort, about a 50-minute drive from the George Washington Bridge.

The cost for the day is $150 - Yup only $150 - and that includes breakfast at 8 AM, modified shotgun start at 9 AM (Best Ball format, a day of fun golfing including gifts for all golfers), contests for closest to the hole, longest drive, and Mulligans and Strings available for purchase. After golf, a raffle with several great prizes, and lunch. You leave before the traffic starts and get home before the evening rush.

Fee includes golf carts, driving range, locker room - and if you want to come and you don't play golf, you can get a complimentary Minerals Sports Club pass so you can use the spa amenities including indoor and outdoor swimming pools.

Obviously it's not a a fund-raiser, but a way to enjoy a day out, play some relaxed golf and meet new people. It's our first shot at a golf outing, so we tried to make it as affordable as possible.

Only 60 slots available, so sign up now. Tell (or better yet, bring) your friends. To make a reservation or for more information, call (212) 473-7800
or
Email: xaviersocietyfortheblind@Yahoo.com
(I know - it's really long, but it's really easy to remember.)

Thank you for your support and I hope to see someone on the golf course. (Boy, if no one comes, it is going to be one expensive round of golf for me. I figure it's worth the $150 just to see me play.)






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fr Sheehan:

Finally after searching the great computer highway I found your blog. I'm currently a client with Xavier Society for the Blind and I left several messages @ ext 128.
Well long and behold after I finally reached someone @ Xavier Society for the Blind I was informed that a full-time librarian is no longer employed.
Why is that it's still posted on your voice mail greetings sounds confusing???