Friday, July 22, 2005

Assorted Pictures

One of the joys of my life has been Rotary. I am a 3rd generation Rotarian, and first joined Rotary in around 1976, in South Bend, Indiana. I have been a Rotarian whenever I could, and the option of being able to visit other Rotary clubs around the world when traveling is one of the great dimensions of this fellowship.

In Lagos, we made native outfits out of a special cloth that had been designed during the year when the Rotary International President was a Nigerian. I knew him - he is from the northern part of the country. Here I am at the last Rotary meeting I attended before leaving Nigeria.









Before the long retrea, I gave in to my base curiosity and shaved my head. Nigerians thought it was terrific. I thought it looked pretty good myself, although I did have friends in the US who made comments about "World Wrestling Federation." I used the long retreat in Wales to re-grow my hair (have to do something whern you're not praying) but this is what I looked like as I started the retreat.

Wouldn't want to meet HIM in a dark alley late at night.







Here is a more elegant look - this is the picture that prompted the World Wrestling Federation comment. It also appears on the cover of "The Several Sides of Father John".

Women used to come over and rub the top of my head.

I miss that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ufubtudrn http://www.free-mass-traffic.net/free-mass-traffic/free-mass-traffic-review Free Mass Traffic