Thursday, July 21, 2005

Fr. John On Sale

FATHER JOHN ON SALE!!!

It occurs to me that not everyone who may drop in to visit this place already had my three (3!) CD’s. So this is to let you know that you can buy me and take me home. (As my sister said when I sent her the first albums, “How wonderful! Now I can turn you off.”)

If you want a preview, go to

Annball.com

which is a wonderful site anyway, run by a terrific and prolific author – and she has a section on me, and you can sample two or three of the songs from Sacred Songs. Buy one of her books while you’re there.

The three CD’s are:

Father John Sings Sacred Songs

The Several Sides of Father John

Father John LIVE in Concert


Each is $10 (including shipping) and can be ordered directly from me or from the Jesuit Office in New York Money goes to support the work of the Jesuits in Nigeria and Ghana. (Through me is probably easier, since I know I have copies of all three disks – I’m not sure New York does anymore.)

The first is the most popular – everyone likes the standards. Listed below are the selections on each disk:

FATHER JOHN SINGS SACRED SONGS
Amazing Grace
How Great Thou Art
Panis Angelicus (Franck)
Agnus Dei (Bizet)
Ave Maria (Schubert)
Ingemisco (Verdi)
Lord’s Prayer (Malotte)
Bless This House
I’ll Walk with God
O Holy Night
Sim Shalom (Janowski)
Amazing Grace (Yes, twice – my mother’s name was Grace)
The Impossible Dream
I Will Sing New Songs (Dvorak)
Whistle Down the Wind
The Holy City

THE SEVERAL SIDES OF FATHER JOHN
(This is my show-off disk, and each song is in the original key)
Wheree’er You Walk (Handel)
Bring Him Home (Les Miserables)
Maria (West Side Story)
Ole Man River (Showboat)
Largo al factotum (Il Barbiere di Siviglia)
Love Changes Everything (Aspects of Love, Andrew Lloyd Webber)
Mama (Italian folk song)
Core ngrato
La Fleur que tu M’avais Jetee (Carmen)
Vesti la giubba (Pagliacci)
Nessun Dorma (Turandot)
Sim Shalom (Jewish prayer for peace)
Tit Willow (The Mikado)
The Nightmare Song (Iolanthe)
Captain of the Pinafore (H.M.S. Pinafore)
Could we Start Again, Please? (Jesus Christ Superstar)
You’ll Never Walk Alone (Carousel)
Cruiskeen Lawn (Irish traditional song)
Rose of Tralee (Irish traditional – the song my father sang to my mother on their wedding day)
Parting Glass (Irish pub song)

FATHER JOHN LIVE IN CONCERT
(Live moments from live concerts around Nigeria – 8 different languages)

No Business Like Go-Slow Business
(A parody of life in Lagos)
If I Were A Rich Man
New York, New York
Pollution
Musica Proibita
Luna d’Estate
Ore Meta
6 National Anthems
(Austria – Ireland – France – Africa – USA – Nigeria)
Vainement, Ma Bien Aimee
Volga Boatman
Dark Eyes
Moscow Nights
Yehali na Troika
A Well-Known Fact
O Sole Mio
Non Ti Scordar di Me

So – buy away!

Contact me at:

PO Box 1711

APO AP 96555

or

johnrsheehan@Yahoo.com

No comments: